22 March 2006

Do you tattoo?

I don't have a tattoo. I've thought about getting one, though. Yeah, I've thought about it for, like, 14 years. The question is, of course, what to get. I mean, I'd hate to get something that, later, wouldn't mean anything to me. I mean, how many people are regretting that giant Quiet Riot tattoo these days? Anyway, I just got done watching Miami Ink so the topic is fresh in my mind. So, if you have any suggestions, I'd listen. Some of the things I've thought about are a Texas flag, a block aTm for Texas A&M. Maybe something like my squadron patch from when I was in the Navy. But, really, after that, there isn't much I'd consider having on my body for the rest of my life. And, no, it won't be a dolphin riding a unicorn over a rainbow.

Of course, the next question would be ... where? I've often thought that my ankle would be the ideal place. It isn't normally seen when wearing business attire but it's visible in casual situations. I've thought about getting one on my ass, but ... nah. On the arm, or the chest is kind of out. I don't have the arms for it and my chest is way too hairy. Now, the other option I've thought about is having my shoulder surgery scar, about 5 inches, turned into something like a slug.

But, I don't know. I'll come up with something. Maybe. Someday. Maybe for my 80th birthday....

4 Comments:

At 14:46, Blogger dawnmarie said...

I have two tattoos. I have a chrsitian fish on my left ankle, and a daisy on my right shoulder. I like that my tattoos are not obtrusive and they are easily coverable if i decide that i want to have them covered.

were i standing in the same place now that i was when i first got them, i don't think i'd get them again, but i do not regret getting them, if that makes sense.

 
At 18:06, Blogger mmmarkiep said...

That makes perfect sense. It's a perfectly ambivalent reaction. No regret but would make a different choice if you did it all over again.

 
At 21:50, Blogger Sarah said...

i [heart] miami ink. i have one tattoo, it took me 7+ years to decide what and where. it needed to be somewhere that would easily cover up, with no chance of it accidentally coming into view and yet, i needed to be able to see it. so the whole lower back thing? out. which is a bummer, because i do like them.

i'm not likely to ever get a second because i don't know where it could go. the one i have is hidden even when wearing a bikini. not that i regularly do that, but one summer i was skinny and confident enough to do it in vegas.

anyway, mine is a fleur-de-lis and has several embedded & intertwined meanings, which i won't go into here. but it was a very long and involved process to settle on that decision.

 
At 15:38, Blogger Rachel said...

I don't have any tattoos because, like you said, what seems like a good idea now might seem pretty lame in a few years. I really doubt I'll ever get one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home